Currently reading:
UK Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor.

Discuss Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

I have a customer who lives in a 200 year old property. The lounge floor he wants tiled which is very thick concrete. He wants electric underfloor heating but I'm concerned he'll lose too much heat into the concrete.
He's gone with tumbled modular limestone and the floor is quite wavy which they want to keep but all the insulation I've come across is boards which will flatten the floor out too much, ( he wants to follow the slopes on the floor )
What other options are there please, or will a decoupling membrane with the heat mat on top be sufficient? Cheers Gav.

Sometimes you have to go along with the customer and do what he asks for. If you worry too much you might lose the job and he will hire someone else.

Here is a link to Schluter Ditra Electric Heating

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Am I reading this right? Your customer wants an uneven floor??
Would be difficult to tile modular/opus if the floor is all over the place!

However, you can still insulate the substrate using marmox/wedi etc. just glue and screw it. Mechanical fixings will pull the boards down maintaining the undulation your customer wants 🤷🏻‍♂️

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Electric underfloor heating onto concrete floor. in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Advertisement

TF on Facebook