Discuss Drying time on a newly cement screed? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
The screed is 100mm depth,it's a fibreglass/cement screed
custumer thinks 7.5 weeks as advised by Topps
builder said few weeks lol
i thought it was 1mm per day so 100 days,but not sure about it being mixed with fibre glass.
any help please

Reaction score
what make is the screed,? or which supplier ? or is it just an ordinary sand /cement/fibre glass ! how do you mean just fibres added to the mix or sheet material on top ?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Unless polymer modified the accepted natural drying rate of sand cement screed is 1mm per day. You can overlay it with a liquid damp proof membrane sooner but not if it has underfloor heating. You should not force dry sand cement screeds although a warm dry atmosphere will maximise the rate of drying. Not the best time of year for drying screeds I'm afraid.

Reply to Drying time on a newly cement screed? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi guys, I've just installed Weberfloor flex in a small area 1m2 @35-40mm depth in one pour...
Replies
Views
We are looking for flooring for our new kitchen, lounge and hallway and would like to use LVT...
Replies
Views
ben_gee
B
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay