Search the forum,

Discuss Drilling/Cutting Porcelain - Bosch GTR 30CE in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

M

Monkey Wrench

I'm considering buying a Bosch GTR 30CE Pro Tiler kit and, as this is a "dry" system, was wondering how long the cores actually last. I could buy some cheap bits, drill a few holes, and then replace them, but I also need a router bit for profiling tiles.

Is the Bosch GTR a good investment or could I do the same job far more cost effectively ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

P

Peter

It's handy for some stuff but to be honest it's just as easy to use a drill for holes. Cores are very expensive for it and can burn out quickly so onky really useful for cutting tight shapes.

M

Monkey Wrench

Thank you for all the posts and the excellent advice.

Regarding profiling, I need a tool for cutting profiles around the bottom of door frames and other custom cuts that are not necessarily just round holes.

However, I get the point about the Bosch GTR and I'll spend my money more wisely elsewhere.

Thanks again.

P

Peter

If you don't have a Fein already, that'd be a better investment. Will cut the bottom of architraves to save you doing it.

C

Concrete guy

Thank you for all the posts and the excellent advice.

Regarding profiling, I need a tool for cutting profiles around the bottom of door frames and other custom cuts that are not necessarily just round holes.

Ahh I see, that type of profile. I understand now.

I always used to saw the bottom of architraves off and slip the tile under rather than cut around it.

Reply to Drilling/Cutting Porcelain - Bosch GTR 30CE in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen