Search the forum,

Discuss Do I need to back-butter my tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

essexsi

Thanks smurf. Will def be back skimming them!

I will pull a couple off and take a look, I guess I am looking to get as close to 100% coverage as possible.

Is it ok to just put the tile I have pulled off straight back on. Or do I have to scrape off all the adhesive from both wall and tile and do it again?

Cheers Si

S

STINGRAY30

600 x 600 floor tiles. i have a 10mm round notched trowel, would that be good enough??

is back buttering spreading 10mm of coerage on back of tile??

should i do that??

Deane

TF
Reaction score
I always skim the tile if they are bigger than 400 im doing a job at the moment 600 x 600 ceramics.....as usual a bit of a roll on them....using a 10mm trowel....80 metres

U

Unused Account 1

Very rarely get perfect walls ,especially if doing brickbond ,then lots of build up ,

Reply to Do I need to back-butter my tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen