Discuss Ditra matting and underfloor heating help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

G

guil.rocha

Hi everyone,

I've gone to see a job where the customer wants to use Schluter Ditra matting along with Warm Up UFH matting. The substrate is 18mm marine ply which is good news. What is the correct method for installing the ditra with the UFH and does ditra matting act as an insulation barrier as well? Thanks
Guil

G

guil.rocha

So I was right to recommend the insulation boards. should I screed over the ditra before laying down tiles?

S

Stewart

Insulation board glued and screwed
Heat mat
SLC to over mat
Install Ditra using spf
Tile with spf

Last edited by a moderator:
G

guil.rocha

Thanks Sir Ramic! Going a bit off topic here but at the same property the customer has a bathroom floor tiled with marble and when the plumber installed his new toilet some scratches were made. Do you know of any polishing methods that would save me from having to rip up this floor which has UFH as well?

G

guil.rocha

No pics I'm afraid, but just spoken to a worktop mate and he's going to sort me out. Thanks for the help!

Reply to Ditra matting and underfloor heating help in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay