Search the forum,

Discuss Depth of adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

marko56

Am about to tile my corner shower enclosure - one wall aquapanel, one skimmed - I've tanked both and am using 500 x 250 ceramics with bal supercover rapid flex - my problem is with the skimmed wall - I knew there was a slight bow in it but having used a decent length spirit level I now realise it is worse than I first thought - basically if I use 2/3 mm of adhesive at the bottom and top of wall I would need to use about 8 - 10mm half way up to keep everything true - I need to tile to the ceiling because I've tanked to there. Bal instructions say adhesive can be used up to 12mm in depth for localised area but when I phoned their technical dept for advicse he advised against this because of the risk of shrinkage of adhesive and ultimately tiles falling on me head:yikes:. The area that needs this depth of adhesive is from about 0.75 m high to 2 m high. I await and deserve any abuse that comes my way:lol: and any advice if possible!

D

doug boardley

...but tbh Marko, it looks like you may have to go for raking cuts as your walls are out of plumb, better that than padding out with adhesive imo

D

DHTiling

12mm and BAL say NO to 8 to 10mm..

Use Mapei Kera-flex Maxi then.. 15mm depth no probs..

M

marko56

had a quick look online - about £25 for 20kg - more than happy with that - would I be restricted on grout manufacturer ?

S

Scott

Raking cuts are the cuts you get in the corner than can show the 'rake' or angle of the cut agains thte adjoining wall

Reply to Depth of adhesive in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen