Search the forum,

Discuss day off in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
thank you teachers....:thumbsup:

not only are you well paid, have half the year off on holiday, its still not enough, you need another day off...:mad2:

can I send you a bill for my lost day's pay...?

mma

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Paid holidays, paid sick leave and they will still receive a very good pension! Try being self employed!!

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
exactly.....welcome to the real world !!

if I take my son out of school, I get a £60 fine, yet there allowed to take a day off on strike when they like......talk about double standards ...!!

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
Sorry andy but my other half is a teacher as was my mother. What work goes on behind the scenes at home and the 6:30am starts along with getting in at 7pm...I fully feel they are recompensed well.

Do you know why they are striking?

Reaction score
If they were self-employed and subbying to the skool - I'm sure they'd put up with their very hard working conditions and wouldn't down tools whenever they please..

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry andy but my other half is a teacher as was my mother. What work goes on behind the scenes at home and the 6:30am starts along with getting in at 7pm...I fully feel they are recompensed well.

Do you know why they are striking?

boo hoo, 6.30 starts 7pm finishes, and your point is what..?

its a job, lots of people work hard, and don't get 13 weeks holiday a year..!!

I believe there striking about there pensions, there being asked to work longer, and get paid on there preformence in the class room.......can't see a problem with that, much the same as anyone else ..

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
7pm finishes from the day. Working til 10/11 every night planning lessons and marking. Full day preparing on weekend.

Having to deal with badly brought up children...its rare to find polite and well mannered kids these days.

my lass is at least once a week in tears...as was my mother. The holidays have two weeks taken up in school through the summer for more prep.

Your boohoo comment clearly indicates a lack of knowledge...obviously didn't pay attention in school. If you did you would know that they are striking about their pensions and everything you mentioned above :lol:

Jokes :p

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
if she hates it that much why do it..?

she must have known that being a teacher meant teaching children and shock horror there not all well behaved..!!

its a bit like someone joining the army, then moaning when the go to war, you know what your getting into so just get on with it or find another job, just stop messing everyone around that pay's there wages..

M

Mr Tiler

bit harsh andy lol.... but to be honest around here those 6.30-7.30 teachers don't exist I see them walking home about 10 mins after my daughter comes home lol

S

Sean SML Tiling

They still have to spend evenings and weekends marking work. Theres alit behind the scenes and cam is right in how much they do. Wish I could get a pension paid for working just as hard

Reply to day off in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, I've been at a stall in my bathroom reno most of this year mainly due to work...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen