Discuss Data protection its a good thing ? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

So we found a stray dog took it to the vets , they scanned it ,the vets rang mobile no , out of order , and can't give us the address where the dog lives because of data protection.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not how it should be used. When you get a dog chipped you're asking for it to be returned if found. Vet should take it to owners at least surely? Even if they can't give you the address?

You still got the dog then?

D

Dumbo

That's not how it should be used. When you get a dog chipped you're asking for it to be returned if found. Vet should take it to owners at least surely? Even if they can't give you the address?

You still got the dog then?
No it's at another vets who is 24h and they are trying to hold of the owner .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Poor bloody dog. And owner in fact.

Need keep their details up to date. Id hate lose my dog. She sleeps on my pillow with me.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I heard something like that. I buy mine with chips already in and then have to register them myself online. I always get it checked at first (second for the pup) injections.
Not that I buy loads lol have one that's 1 one that's 2 and one that's 3ish.

D

Dumbo

Don't know if you mean tags with chips or the microchip in the dog .
But I mean collar id tag .

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Ohhh I meant the chip in the dog.

I didn't realise they needed a collar too!

We use harnesses when we take them for a walk and those have ID on but if one ever got out at night or whatever they wouldn't have anything.

So maybe we need get a collar @Lou?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ohhh I meant the chip in the dog.

I didn't realise they needed a collar too!

We use harnesses when we take them for a walk and those have ID on but if one ever got out at night or whatever they wouldn't have anything.

So maybe we need get a collar @Lou?

They do have microchips though?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah totally. As I said, they're in them before we buy them. The breeders do the whole litter when they take them for their first jabs.

We buy them then take them our vets for the second round of jabs and register them to us.

If we ever changed our numbers we would call the vets to change the chip details before ringing our parents with our new number lol

Way more important haha

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Im sure the vet will visit the address, or write a letter.

@Dan ours have their ID on their harnesses when out, and I don't like collars in the house, as I have seen dogs strangle themselves getting stuck on handles etc.

They are chipped so if they got out it would be found. Although one loves you too much to run off and the other is scared of his shadow.:dogface::dog:

G

GoneGuy

It’s law for a dog to be microchipped, we just had our dog microchipped and bought her a new collar and tag ( we decided to get her new when we adopted her )

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never leave collars on in the house, both of our dogs have got there Dew claws cought in the coller ring, thankfully we were in both times, the thought of them being in that situation with no one there sends a shiver down my spine....

Reply to Data protection its a good thing ? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks