Search the forum,

Discuss Dark Grout with White Metro Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

Marksmithtiling

I like dark grout with white tiles, if thats what you want and there are no issues with the tiles as mentioned above thats what you should have !!

R

Rookery

I once did a full bathroom in white metros and black grout at the customers request. Not my cup of tea but the customer liked it. Unlike using white grout, you've got no margin of error and the tiles need to be good uns too.

U

Ubudlulu

Exactly. Thats the only reason not to use a dark grout on a gloss white tile, Especially a metro.
But I wonder, would a cream grout not turn them yellow???

a9ama5uv.jpg

gymurepy.jpg

e4yzedyb.jpg
Ali - what colour grout is this?

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I personally prefer dark grout on these tiles.
Did this one a couple of weeks ago in Anthracite

20150627_120352_zpskptxdba6.jpg

20150627_120436_zpswkggk8jp.jpg

Reaction score
nice to get full use out of old threads. did grey on white last year. Asked to use matching grey silicone for the corners etc. Had to be more carefull when smoothing off to avoid grey film of silicone over white tile.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'd use a bit of masking tape to get a really neat edging if it was dark silicone on white tiles. Or even along a white bath etc. You have to quickly get the masking off before the silicone starts to skin though, or else you just make a big mess and it's hard to clean up.

Reaction score
Thanks Dan. I'll give another go but always end up with a step when I use tape. A good thread should always have pix of some outstanding past JOTM( like AliGage's metro kitchen).

O

Old Mod

Thanks Dan. I'll give another go but always end up with a step when I use tape. A good thread should always have pix of some outstanding past JOTM( like AliGage's metro kitchen).

Both u and @AliGage need to get out more! Hahahahaha :D

What can I say Alister! Hahaha

Reply to Dark Grout with White Metro Tiles in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen