Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

charlie1

Re: Cutting Plyths & Doors.

The less you involve other trades in your work, the better. I prep all my own work and take on extra other work including joinery / plumbing. Why? Because then I can only let myself down. No wonder peoples schedules get messed around waiting on other people doing these silly little jobs.

S

Sean SML Tiling

No sigma rubi threads as Dave's back and he might get banned. If your busy enough then get someone else if not it's only cutting them and if your not capable of cutting plinths then I dread to see the tiling. Do whatever makes you the money you need to earn

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Who said anything about preping jobs ?
Or plumbing?
Thought we were talking about plaining doors and plinths

C

charlie1

If I was a kitchen fitter who had to wait on on tiler tiling floor before I went back to fit plinths I'd be inclined to just tile the floor myself.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

If I was a kitchen fitter who had to wait on on tiler tiling floor before I went back to fit plinths I'd be inclined to just tile the floor myself.

Lol....or he could just cut them down before he finishes....simples..:thumbsup:

C

charlie1

Lol....or he could just cut them down before he finishes....simples..:thumbsup:

Yes, most of the time he could. Q: do you ply your own floors, sheet your walls if required, remove old floor boards or reinforce old joists? Or build stud wall...Or do you just tile?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Yes, most of the time he could. Q: do you ply your own floors, sheet your walls if required, remove old floor boards or reinforce old joists? Or build stud wall...Or do you just tile?

Yes I prep jobs ..... but if someones just had a 10 grand kitchen fitted I aint plaining bits off it lol..

S

Stef

I've finished mine, I've found a tube of Pringles in the cupboard though, so carry on ;)

I've some Twiglets left from Christmas, not as crunchy but will do zee trick!! [emoji23][emoji23]

T

Time's Ran Out

Why leave yourself open to more reasons for them not to pay you!
As Andy said damage a plinth on a £10k kitchen, it could be £800 from BQ without the plastic cover trim or a £35k hand painted one; in which case they would let you near a saw ( even at £29.99 ). And have you seen the cost of some of these doors?
For me I'd charge for any joinery preparation work that's going to be covered by tiling, but 2nd/ finishing joinery is done by others.

Q

Qwerty

Bunch of clowns! The correct answers are, No I don't cut down doors and plinths as part of my price as I don't own a saw, yes I take my rubbish away (that's what lay-bys are for) and Rubi ;)

[emoji23]

Reply to Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Small quantity of 20 x 31.6 in white required to replace broken tiles.
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen