Discuss Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

2020Tiling

Does anyone include in the sq mtr price cutting doors / plyths ? or is it an extra?

I

Ian

Re: Cutting Plyths & Doors.

Ooh it's been a while since this was last discussed, I'm just popping out for some popcorn, back soon :) :)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Noooooo

the dreaded rubbish thread and plinths at the same time!!!:mad2:

I

Ian

Bunch of clowns! The correct answers are, No I don't cut down doors and plinths as part of my price as I don't own a saw, yes I take my rubbish away (that's what lay-bys are for) and Rubi ;)

C

charlie1

It all takes time and I'm sure most of you are capable so I won't go in to the argument on if you should or not. I always add an hourly rate for these small parts of our job, maybe an hour or a day... Whatever it takes.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Bunch of clowns! The correct answers are, No I don't cut down doors and plinths as part of my price as I don't own a saw, yes I take my rubbish away (that's what lay-bys are for) and Rubi ;)

What lay-bys are for chucking your rubi in..? :lol:

And no I dont cut doors and plinths.
Im a TILER not a bloody multi trader..:lol:

2020Tiling

That's a bit cowboyish? what would you do if you tiled a floor where the customer had the kitchen fitted 4 week ago ? ( ring the kitchen fitter and ask him to come back and trim 2mm of the plynths) ?? a saw is only £29.99?

C

charlie1

I'm sure people are kidding when they say they don't address these small non tiling jobs on a weekly basis

R

Rookery

I cut down doors and plinths, same as I cut back architraves or fit boxing-in, as I regard it as part of the job. All my jobs are priced on a day rate not a sq mtr rate.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Why would you be expected to plain doors and plinths?......so a chippy fits a kitchen and hes expected to tile it ? A plasterer plasters a wall so the customer expects him to tile it ?
Im a tiler. I tile.....could I do it ..yes I could. But im busy enough tiling so I leave it to the relevent trades. .

And the client is told this when quoting so its there choice......up to now most customers already say the kitchen fitter has arranged to come back when the tilings done to sort out the plinths..

Reply to Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks