Search the forum,

Discuss Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Re: Cutting Plinths & Doors.

I chopped out the bottom of a few arcatraves today with a fein to slide my tiles under, better get a new I.D incase the carpentry police are looking for me.

Or if you were any good at tiling you could of exactly cut round them....:sofahide:....lol

F

Fliselege

Time is money, and wood doesn't scare me. Wasps spiders and my missus do, but not wood. ;-)

C

charlie1

Still can't believe some of you are not cutting plinths, common men, you have a saw, you can measure and draw a straight line, ... So cut the wood and be done with it lol. It's not like it's electrics or plumbing!!! Ps, how do you know why you lost a job? I usually hear nothing so I'd have no idea!!

T

Time's Ran Out

Who would want to cut/plane 15mm off the bottom of a door/plinth for £20 and end up splitting the corner and having to replace the door!
No matter how convenient it may be for the customer it's not worth the risk.
Its a personal call and as some do more than tile, that's your choice, but others also have the choice to just tile.

C

charlie1

Who would want to cut/plane 15mm off the bottom of a door/plinth for £20 and end up splitting the corner and having to replace the door!
No matter how convenient it may be for the customer it's not worth the risk.
Its a personal call and as some do more than tile, that's your choice, but others also have the choice to just tile.

Why would I? Because I have the skills, the tools but most of all john, I'd feel quite awkward explaining to a customer that they need to source a joiner to complete their job. As I've previously said, I envy your situations where you can dictate these things without concern of loosing the job, think we are in very different situations.

Reply to Cutting Plinths & Doors. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys have a big gap above tray to fill 2cm high 1cm deep (3/4in x 1/2in) Any suggestions...
Replies
Views
Small quantity of 20 x 31.6 in white required to replace broken tiles.
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen