Search the forum,

Discuss Customer Vs Trade Dispute - Natural Stone Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, I had the same thought process and even offered someone else's skills to do a sanding job, but the customer was not happy with a sanding solution. The customer wants to have the floor re-tiled which I have told him is ridiculous.

After a few weeks elapsed the customer has sent me a letter saying i had the opportunity to rectify the job and now wants to put in a claim against me for re-tiling the whole floor!!!
He wouldn't have a leg to stand on in court. In fact, from what it sound like, you would actually have the better case.

If you suggest a fix, and the customer doesn't accept, it's their fault the floor is still like it is in some sense. To rip the floor up and re-tile it which could end up with even more lippage isn't the best solution for either side of the argument.

I'd say to him "I'm coming monday to fix the floor" and then just turn up and do it.

M

mikethetile

you only need to rectify the faults

write back to them using registered post to tell your customer you are sending someone to rectify the problem

give them 3 dates to choose from and say if they are not conveniant which date do they suggest

you dont need to go into details just state that the lippage will be removed

this will stop their claim in its tracks and prevent them from going to court unless they give you the oppurtunity to rectify and you fail to do so

T

templar018080

I agree Scottley, I told the customer I would do the sanding, but he never gave me the opportunity as the customer only wanted me to relay the floor to which i said no of course.

S

Scott

I think you got some good advice above, good luck with it and let us know how it goes.

By the way what area are you in?

P

paul flight

you must put this in writing to him . dont call it sanding as well . you are polishing the floor down ok!!! do this asap.... good luck:thumbsup:

T

templar018080

hey Scottley I live in the south, poole. Some great advice from everyone thank you.

It's crazy people think they can sue for just about anything these days, and guess it can be daunting for people who aren't use to dealing with small claims threats etc. but I feel a lot more confident with this advice!

Reply to Customer Vs Trade Dispute - Natural Stone Tiles in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen