Discuss customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has begu in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

MICK the Tiler

Re: customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has

G'Day and welcome to the forums :thumbsup:

F

Fekin

Re: customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has

I would just show him a pic of you Fekin and say if you don't pay then I will get this thing onto you. That will prob give him a heart attack!! (Forum pic that is mate) :lol:

Or just bite the sod :lol:

L

LM Ceramics

hello and welcome to the forums 7 months later but who cares

J

justinisaac

People like that are fortunately fairly uncommon. Try looking into taking it to the small claims court. A plumber who I know sends a reminder out after 1 week and if that doesn't work he tells them he's doing just that. Get litigious on them - works every time!
Justin

R

R Montgomery

For the future get the client to sign off on a change order before touching anything not on the original contract.

W

White Room

Have a look at the start date of the post mate:yikes:

F

Fekin

Only posted 2 messages, and the last one was nearly a year ago, though was last on the forum 2 weeks ago.

Zander

-
Reaction score
Hi folks new to tiling just starting out quick Q , would it be fair to have a contract written up between both tradesman and client with rules of payment for both party's to agree to incase of no payment then can not be argued with in court ? and as being a sole trader have some payment upfront say 50% of labour cost and remaining payment to be made on completion of the laid tiles or grouting to be completed on final payment on the morning of finish day before completing the job ?

Reply to customer added work on and refuses to pay more than initial quote after work has begu in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks