Search the forum,

Discuss cscs card in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

stumac

read a few threads on nvq,s, not sure if this is the right forum but i need to get a cscs card did a bit of research and as ar as i can see i need to get a nvq before i can get the card is this right or i can i just get a card as a labourer which will get me on site then look at getting the nvq

D

DHTiling

You can get a card as a labourer no probs but a tradesmans card you can get a temporary card for 12 months and then u must pass an nvq 2 to get a full card........

T

tiler tom

I recentley rang the cscs in order to find out if a current labout cscs card could be used to tile on site. They said that you need a tilers card and have to either hold an nvq 2 or be studying for it. Although there does seem to be a loophole if the tiling is just walls for some unknown reason the labour card will suffice. If you are unsure and want to get the info first had go to the cscs website and ring the number given.

S

stumac

thanks every one i will ring the number and see the score, if i have any joy i will let everyone know

L

Luxlux

Stuart

I phoned the cscs helpline last Friday 27/07/07 and as I have only been tiling for just over a year they told me I could only get a labourers cscs card. If you have no qualifications you need at least 3 years working experience (so I'm told). As they have sold me the labourers card I expect to be able to tile on site once I receive a my card. I take the exam in a few weeks time. Once I have regular site work I shall obtain an NVQ from on site assessment. (well that's the plan anyway!)
If I'm wrong or ill informed please let me know.

Regards
Paul
Lux Stone

S

stumac

Stuart

I phoned the cscs helpline last Friday 27/07/07 and as I have only been tiling for just over a year they told me I could only get a labourers cscs card. If you have no qualifications you need at least 3 years working experience (so I'm told). As they have sold me the labourers card I expect to be able to tile on site once I receive a my card. I take the exam in a few weeks time. Once I have regular site work I shall obtain an NVQ from on site assessment. (well that's the plan anyway!)
If I'm wrong or ill informed please let me know.

Regards
Paul
Lux Stone
thanks thats more or less what i thought although exept that how do they know how much experiene any one has ie 3 years i was led to believe the question was asked do you have 3 years experience? and if your answer is slightly exagerated how can they tell. but to be honest i will probably go down the route you mentioned

Reply to cscs card in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello! We have quarry tiles which we used iron wax satin on. I did one coat. We then had some...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
Hi I have ordered the Wunda Rapid Response underfloor heating for my kitchen. We were going...
Replies
Views
I'm getting some repair work done in a bathroom covered by my home insurance, they are picking...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen