Search the forum,

Discuss Cowboy customers, Love it! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

A heating engineer I know done somethink when owed money, he put the dept on the customers house which had to go through a solicitor. So when the house went up for sale the dept had to be paid before the sale of the house went through. Don't know what it was but one way of getting your money but would take time

Thats called a charge on a property, its registered with the land registry commission so that if a credit search is carried out by a credit reference agency then they can see that you owe money. It has its drawbacks because usually you have to wait until they sell to get your money.

I was owed some money a few years ago, about £12k, I got a bad feeling that things were not right when the new maintenance manager for the firm started questioning the work carried out, basically he was saying that some remedial work we had done was not authorized when in fact it had been but only verbally, anyway to cut it short, they wanted the invoice reduced by nearly half, after speaking to my solicitor I warned them that I would issue a winding up order, that would mean they would not be able to trade at all, every outlet would be shut, they paid within 24 hours and I was never to get any work from them again, so what, at least I got my money. I dont think it would be wise of me to name them, right I'm off to the gym, I use bannatynes ................

:ninja::ninja:

R

Rob Z

DT, that sounds like what we have here....it's called a "mechanic's lien". I've never had to do it, but I am told that it can be very effective at getting a deadbeat to pay what he owes.:thumbsup:

D

diamondtiling

DT, that sounds like what we have here....it's called a "mechanic's lien". I've never had to do it, but I am told that it can be very effective at getting a deadbeat to pay what he owes.:thumbsup:

Hi Rob

your right it is effective but you are never going to work for that company again............but who cares you got what you were owed.

:8:

Reply to Cowboy customers, Love it! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen