Discuss Corner set out in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com
Checkout our sister-sites Tiling Tools | Tiling Courses | UK Tiling News

J

JonesP

-
Reaction score
What's your tiling question? Pictures can be added.
Tiling into a corner. Full tile next to a cut tile or 2 cut tiles next to each other to form the corner with 2 full tiles together above ?
I have seen pics online of both. Is there a right way ?

Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
What's your tiling question? Pictures can be added.
Tiling into a corner. Full tile next to a cut tile or 2 cut tiles next to each other to form the corner with 2 full tiles together above ?
I have seen pics online of both. Is there a right way ?
You want it to look as uniform as possible and setting away from a full tile isn’t usual practice incase the wall runs out of plumb.

J

JonesP

-
Reaction score
You want it to look as uniform as possible and setting away from a full tile isn’t usual practice incase the wall runs out of plumb.
Cheers Dave, so you saying 2 full tiles meet to form the internal corner and the half tile cuts together. Hey thanks for the advice by the way.

J

JonesP

-
Reaction score
No try and set it out for good sized cuts , not full tiles.
Sorry I haven't explained it fully . That is my corner, I either have a large tile meeting a large tile or a large tile on bottom meeting a small cut tile.

Attachments

• 16112306379106287906698365772185.jpg
    16112306379106287906698365772185.jpg
    395 KB · Views: 13
Dave

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't explained it fully . That is my corner, I either have a large tile meeting a large tile or a large tile on bottom meeting a small cut tile.
Ah right. Pics always help 😁 , check if the wall is plumb that you’ve already tiled. If out then set the full tile at worst out of plumb , top or bottom and draw a vertical line from that , trim tiles as you so there is no gaps. Hope that helps.

J

JonesP

-
Reaction score
Ah right. Pics always help 😁 , check if the wall is plumb that you’ve already tiled. If out then set the full tile at worst out of plumb , top or bottom and draw a vertical line from that , trim tiles as you so there is no gaps. Hope that helps.
Top man, the cheque is in the post 😁

Reply to Corner set out in the UK Tiling Forum | Tile Advice Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)