Search the forum,

Discuss BCT Ceramic Wall Tiles in Shower Cracking After 12 Weeks in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
GC ..General contractor?

Unlikely his fault as its happened so many times before, the tile shop needs to know first and take it from there, everyone tries to blame the tiler.

T

Time's Ran Out

If he hasn’t taped the joints in any board then it is the tilers fault, but the tiles are rubbish quality if they can’t take this minimum stress.

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
He will have taped the joins, where does it say he hasn't?
There tiles still crack over board joins even if solid and double tape/filled. As i said not fit for purpose.

Reaction score
I have to say that if the GC was experienced he wouldn't touch BCT tiles with a bargepole, I haven't had any truck with them since my rookie days. There would be movement if he hasn't taped the joints, but that much cracking in such a small amount of time points more to tiles unfit for use than lack of competence. I'd try to get the tile suppliers to refund or give you a better quality replacement.

C

chris4275

Thanks. But in his defense, this is in NYC and no one here has ever heard of BCT. I chose them thinking British made tiles would be top quality.

Reply to BCT Ceramic Wall Tiles in Shower Cracking After 12 Weeks in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen