Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Bathroom subway tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hello, I have a question on my bathroom subway tile job. I am very nervous and this is my first time so I want to make sure I get it right. I am installing 6" subway tiles and have attached a picture of my question. There is a lip where my tub bench is but the top of the tile doesn't meet to the top of the bench. I have attached a 2nd picture that may give you a better idea of what my thoughts are. I will have a laser level on the top of the full row of tiles to start and then i have a cut piece on the bottom to give me that lift. In order for me to put in that cut piece I will need to fill the gap between the tub flange and the small cut of tiles with thin set.. is this okay to do? Any suggestions would be great!

20200520_141223.jpg

20200520_142652.jpg

Last edited:

Reply to Bathroom subway tile in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock