Search the forum,

Discuss BAL Protective Sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Z

zx10r

I used the protective sealer properly, first coat, wait 15 mins, second coat, wait minimum an hour before use. In fact I waited about a day, as something cropped up.

All seemed good or so I thought.... I've now washed down umpteen times and there seems to still be a lot of surface "dust". Its the dark grey/black porcelain QRock we went for with the grey BAL WJ grout and Admix GT1. So now I'm thinking of Lithofin. So I guess I have to ask :-

1. why the (not cheap) temp sealer didn't work properly. Did I do something wrong?
2. Would you recommend Lithofin cement remover or some other product for grout dust / haze?

Cheers guys

T

Terry Cottar

sounds like you have possibly sealed the dirt in. You couldn't have sealed the haze in if you sealed before grouting. Try Aqua Mix Stone Endure Neutral Cleaner or Concentrated Tile Cleaner or Lithofin do one called abra i think

tel

Reply to BAL Protective Sealer in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Guys, I'm unsure what grout to choose for our latest project and I'm hoping you can help. We're...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen