Discuss BAl grip plus or Mapegrip D2? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Paul Cockhill

Hi

I usually use Bal grip plus tile adhesive but my client is buying Mapegrip D2 tile adhesive. I have not used the Mapegrip D2 before. I am tiling a whole bathroom including the shower area. The Mapegrip D2 looks ok

Does anyone have any comments

Thanks
Paul

R

Rookery

If I was tiling a whole bathroom I'd be using a powdered adhesive, Mapei P9 actually, cos it lasts ages and is easier to trowel out. And ready mixed is only good for small ceramics anyway.

P

Paul Cockhill

If I was tiling a whole bathroom I'd be using a powdered adhesive, Mapei P9 actually, cos it lasts ages and is easier to trowel out. And ready mixed is only good for small ceramics anyway.
Thanks for your reply

N

NZ_Tiler

My experience dispersion adhesives are more expensive than cementitious. For a whole bathroom the question is, why would you? D2 is ok for large tile though.

Reply to BAl grip plus or Mapegrip D2? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks