Search the forum,

Discuss Bal green star for 200-300 tiles??? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

J

John the tile

Hey up

Ive got 2 tubs of Bal green star ready mixed addy for some ceramics 200-300 tiles for a bathroom to tile onto plasterboard. Ill be leaving it a week before grouting..

Will this be ok and sufficient time to dry and are the size of the tiles ok.

thanks

S

Stewart

As above..... If your worried about using bagged addy, then get yourself some standard set to give you lots of time to work with.

C

cornish_crofter

I have used this addy for similar sized tiles before. I wouldn't do again. It takes ages to set and you're limted as to the depth of the bed.

I had to replace a tile on a job I was doing as it had cracked (cheap B&Q tile). A few days later it had NOT set! Fortunately I had some Profix Rapid Set SPF mixed up, so I just used that on the one tile.

I guess it did set on the other tiles after a while as the customer was using it, and I had no complaints.

I am using bagged adhesive only on this current job, even for the wall tiles. In fact I haven't bought any tubbed adhesive for a year or two now. I do keep a tub for small jobs etc but these don't now get used on anything more that 150 x 150 tiles.

T

tfs

Just as Cornish says, I have also heard of tubbed adhesive taking days to set. I have used tubbed many times but, bagged is deffo better for many reasons.

Reply to Bal green star for 200-300 tiles??? in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen