Search the forum,

Discuss Bad tiling job - what to do in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com.

T

Tommythetiler80

Morning, I do hope you get your problem resolved in a satisfactory manor. Being a tiler myself I can definitely say that when a customer says that they'd like to have black grout it can just challenge even the most patient of tradesmen, not to mention it can wreck your tools , buckets and sponges! And even surrounding areas so great care must be taken to avoid unnecessary staining from the black pigment in the grout.

Reaction score
Think we need pictures before making the black grout the main issue.

Walls were new dot & dabbed plasterboard, so I'd assume a good enough flat surface was there to start with..

D

Dwillie123

IMG_3158.JPG
IMG_3159.JPG
IMG_3161.JPG
IMG_3162.JPG
IMG_3163.JPG
IMG_3164.JPG
IMG_3166.JPG
IMG_3167.JPG
IMG_3169.JPG
IMG_3170.JPG
IMG_3171.JPG

T

Time's Ran Out

From your first post I get the impression the tiling was done by the kitchen company and NOT a tiler (as you suggested getting a Tiler in to rectify).
Your photos indeed confirm this as that is totally unacceptable workmanship.
No one with pride would leave such a mess both in the standard of tiling and the 'clean up' or not as in this case.
It will most likely be tubbed adhesive and so all off and start again with the kitchen company providing all costs would be my recommendation.
Stand by for the onslaught!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dwillie123

Well yes the kitchen company said what they could provide but I was never aware of a subcontracted tiler being used so yes not a pro tiler.
Yes it was evostick rubbed adhesive they left it behind. That was my thought is that achievable without causing too much damage to the walls or units? Yes I'm sure they won't be too pleased however we've begun to discuss a discount which may just be the tiling costs removed.
Any idea how much s full removal and retile would cost it's about 3m2? I'm
In the south east as well

T

Time's Ran Out

Prices are not normally discussed in open forum, but you really need not just the tiling costs removed but also the costs associated with the removal of all tiles and repair of walls, cleaning of units and window upvc.
Have a look on this forum 'tilers in your area' to get an indication of costs for 3sq mts of metro tiling.
Don't be concerned about upsetting this kitchen company - this is bad work and you need total removal and reinstatement for the next tiler at their expense as well as compensation for the upheaval.
Make a stand!

Q

Qwerty

Well yes the kitchen company said what they could provide but I was never aware of a subcontracted tiler being used so yes not a pro tiler.
Yes it was evostick rubbed adhesive they left it behind. That was my thought is that achievable without causing too much damage to the walls or units? Yes I'm sure they won't be too pleased however we've begun to discuss a discount which may just be the tiling costs removed.
Any idea how much s full removal and retile would cost it's about 3m2? I'm
In the south east as well

We don't allow discussion of prices in the open forums I'm afraid.

Feel free to post a new work request in our 'looking for a tiler' section and I'm sure one of our members could quote you.

Reply to Bad tiling job - what to do in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen