Currently reading:
Architrave cutting using the Fein Multimaster

Discuss Architrave cutting using the Fein Multimaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Here you go Mr Tiler,

Get the height for the cut by running a level off the tiles already fixed. I find I piece of cardboard works well to replicate the adhesive thickness
7azuhade.jpg

Then cut out (leave tiles in place while cutting as a guide for the blade)
6eturehu.jpg

Mark the tile and cut it
4ujydy9y.jpg

Then fit the tile
y3a4a7ar.jpg

I

Ian

nice one bri..........have you been writing phone numbers on the floor...(pic 1) :lol:

I think it was tile measurements, lol! Tile + spacer was 597mm, so those 2 numbers are 4 and 5 tiles :lol: The amount of times I've written a phone number on an off cut, or the floor and then lost it or tiled over it is ridiculous :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

Cheers mate looks pretty simple but im guessing it could go drasticly wrong lol... il remember to write on my hand if i ever make it to that stage lmao

The only thing that could really go wrong is cutting too much out, that's why you should always fit the adjacent tile before cutting, to give you the correct height.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Benton

TF
Arms
Leeds
Here you go Mr Tiler,

Get the height for the cut by running a level off the tiles already fixed. I find I piece of cardboard works well to replicate the adhesive thickness
7azuhade.jpg

Then cut out (leave tiles in place while cutting as a guide for the blade)
6eturehu.jpg

Mark the tile and cut it
4ujydy9y.jpg

Then fit the tile
y3a4a7ar.jpg

Nice one Bri, not actually a difficult cut, more an awkward I would say. Did it slide under ok when addy was down?

Reply to Architrave cutting using the Fein Multimaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement