Search the forum,

Discuss Architrave cutting using the Fein Multimaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

Here you go Mr Tiler,

Get the height for the cut by running a level off the tiles already fixed. I find I piece of cardboard works well to replicate the adhesive thickness
7azuhade.jpg

Then cut out (leave tiles in place while cutting as a guide for the blade)
6eturehu.jpg

Mark the tile and cut it
4ujydy9y.jpg

Then fit the tile
y3a4a7ar.jpg

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
nice one bri..........have you been writing phone numbers on the floor...(pic 1) :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I

Ian

nice one bri..........have you been writing phone numbers on the floor...(pic 1) :lol:

I think it was tile measurements, lol! Tile + spacer was 597mm, so those 2 numbers are 4 and 5 tiles :lol: The amount of times I've written a phone number on an off cut, or the floor and then lost it or tiled over it is ridiculous :lol:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I think it was tile measurements, lol! Tile + spacer was 597mm, so those 2 numbers are 4 and 5 tiles :lol: The amount of times I've written a phone number on an off cut, or the floor and then lost it or tiled over it is ridiculous :lol:

lol....me too..

M

Mr T

Cheers mate looks pretty simple but im guessing it could go drasticly wrong lol... il remember to write on my hand if i ever make it to that stage lmao

I

Ian

Cheers mate looks pretty simple but im guessing it could go drasticly wrong lol... il remember to write on my hand if i ever make it to that stage lmao

The only thing that could really go wrong is cutting too much out, that's why you should always fit the adjacent tile before cutting, to give you the correct height.

I

Ian

Had to change the thread title in each post, just incase anyone wondered why they had a post edit PM!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Also, make sure you have a good fein blade. Needed to make 4 cuts in oak. No chuffing blade. So I improvised, and cut a new set of teeth onto an old blade. Did the job fine. :thumbsup:

B

bugs183

Gotta watch out though for hidden cables, especially alarm cables before you go Fein crazy!
Ace piece of kit.

Reply to Architrave cutting using the Fein Multimaster in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen