Discuss Anhydride screed problems in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After we noticed that a couple had started lifting. This is the second time this has happened since we built our house about 12 years ago. The first time the happened about 6 years back the tiler recommended we use a decoupling mat which we did. This time after lifting the tiles the Anhydride screed has completely failed. And i noticed that after lifting the mat it seems to have retained some moisture. Could this be because the screed had not dried adequately when the tiles were first laid and the screed hasn’t cured properly ? Many thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0845.jpeg
    729.7 KB · Views: 23

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My guess is water has been getting in from the shower. It looks very thin. Is it soft?

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi yes it very soft in places the screed is 60 mm
Possibly it can be dried and then hardened using a low viscosity penetrative epoxy resin like PHS from flowcrete. Otherwise it might be easier to remove and replace. 60mm is OK. Looks thinner in the pic but that might just be perspective.

Reaction score
Possibly it can be dried and then hardened using a low viscosity penetrative epoxy resin like PHS from flowcrete. Otherwise it might be easier to remove and replace. 60mm is OK. Looks thinner in the pic but that might just be perspective.

Hi thanks for the advice looks like the waste trap has been leaking. At least it’s not the underfloor heating. Just got to repair it now.

Reply to Anhydride screed problems in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks