Discuss Advice on using Sigma 3p3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

thank you. Well worth knowing. If my other handle doesn’t fit I may invest in one that does.

any advice on setting the height of the handle with respect to the thickness of the tile.
I use the height of the tracks always at the minimum
indispensable for breaking the tile.
therefore the highest possible steel bar.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
any advice on setting the height of the handle with respect to the thickness of the tile.

The square at the back in the handle should sit on top of the breaker bar, that's how to correctly adjust for different tile heights. Flip the breaker pad down while resting on the tile and adjust it to suit. Poor picture but it shows what your looking for.
Screenshot_20200101-172022_WhatsApp.jpg

Lazzer

-
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just bought a Sigma 3P3M Max 100cm tiler cutter to cut some large 330 x 1000 Bernini Marble effect wall tile from tile mountain. They are ceramic and are 9mm thick. I would expect this cutter to eat this up for dinner but I can't get a clean cut. I have a couple of smaller sigmas and haven't had a problem.

This new one I have is a push cutter rather than a pull cutter as I have used on my other sigmas, therefore I think my technique is at fault rather than the cutter.

Any advice on using it / setting it up for those tiles would be very much apprecited.
Hi there
What happens to the tile when you try to snap it ? 1st When you put the tile on first,lower the slide rail evenly until the snap handle rises up so it can break them ,
2nd score the tile lightly full length, 3 when trying to snap don’t push through the tile this is important ,just crack it ,4 slide the tile down the other end of the rail and do the same,5 then it should snap of evenly.
Some times these tiles are baked very high and become very brittle .when cutting them they tend to have a mind of there own .
Hope this helps
Lazzer

Reply to Advice on using Sigma 3p3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks