Discuss Advice on using Sigma 3p3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hello all,

I have just bought a Sigma 3P3M Max 100cm tiler cutter to cut some large 330 x 1000 Bernini Marble effect wall tile from tile mountain. They are ceramic and are 9mm thick. I would expect this cutter to eat this up for dinner but I can't get a clean cut. I have a couple of smaller sigmas and haven't had a problem.

This new one I have is a push cutter rather than a pull cutter as I have used on my other sigmas, therefore I think my technique is at fault rather than the cutter.

Any advice on using it / setting it up for those tiles would be very much apprecited.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
thank you will do. I have watched a couple of vids on youtube and they differ on whether you push away from the measuring bar or turn the handle around and push towards it. Does it make any difference

D

Dumbo

thank you will do. I have watched a couple of vids on youtube and they differ on whether you push away from the measuring bar or turn the handle around and push towards it. Does it make any difference
We're they sigma videos ,
Look at the sigma book that came with it , they don't show any set up to push against the measuring bar

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
We're they sigma videos ,
Look at the sigma book that came with it , they don't show any set up to push against the measuring bar

I agree, I have followed the instruction book and it clearly shows pushing away from the bar. The vids were not made by sigma. I was wondering if I was missing a secret trick by not doing it the other way lol

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
you have to give little pressure to the handle,
the handle max or klick klock are designed
for engraving and breaking hard tiles.
with ceramics you have to go light.

thank you for this. Could I swap the handle from my other pull sigma? could that help with these ceramic tiles

L

LM

Basically with ceramics you need a light score, the lighter the score the cleaner the cut edge. This is easier to achieve with a pull handle because of the design, you can be lighter. The klick klock and Max handles are design for maximum pressure with minimum effort. Your cutter will either be a 10mm rail and handle or a 15mm and you can buy a pull handle for the 10mm bar although imo it’s not necessary, simply score the ceramic tile as lightly as you can with the handle you have and it’ll work. After a few goes you’ll see for yourself.
If you want a spare pull handle for a 10mm rail it’s part number Art 24AE you need to order.

Reply to Advice on using Sigma 3p3m in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks