Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Advice on old tile removal in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Jag877

-
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi

I’ve removed old tiles in my house and there is the old https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ behind it.

In some cases it fell off when I was taking off the tiles.

I’m not sure whether to take this off or not, would you have any advise on the best way to remove this please?

We are planning on getting in a tiler to put in new tiles

Thanks

John

5F3F72F6-A802-4990-A6D8-1C51B03E4F44.jpeg

Reaction score
1. Use a chisel to chisel slowly, and it is relatively fast to clean up. Break it into pieces and tap the bricks on each side lightly to find one with an empty back, and then pry off the tiles one by one from the side (use a flat shovel or other hard metal tools with a flat mouth).
2. Professionals use electric shovels, it is easier for professional technicians to use electric shovels to clean up, remember that the heads must be flat. It is an important tool for smashing tiles. If a traditional hand hammer is used, it will affect our entire efficiency and function. Therefore, it is more convenient and practical to replace it with an electric pick, and it can also ensure that it can be easily removed for you within the specified range.

Reply to Advice on old tile removal in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock