Discuss Advice on old tile removal in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com

Jag877

-
Reaction score
Hi

I’ve removed old tiles in my house and there is the old adhesive behind it.

In some cases it fell off when I was taking off the tiles.

I’m not sure whether to take this off or not, would you have any advise on the best way to remove this please?

We are planning on getting in a tiler to put in new tiles

Thanks

John

Advice on old tile removal | TilersForums.com Filename: {userid}

Reaction score
1. Use a chisel to chisel slowly, and it is relatively fast to clean up. Break it into pieces and tap the bricks on each side lightly to find one with an empty back, and then pry off the tiles one by one from the side (use a flat shovel or other hard metal tools with a flat mouth).
2. Professionals use electric shovels, it is easier for professional technicians to use electric shovels to clean up, remember that the heads must be flat. It is an important tool for smashing tiles. If a traditional hand hammer is used, it will affect our entire efficiency and function. Therefore, it is more convenient and practical to replace it with an electric pick, and it can also ensure that it can be easily removed for you within the specified range.

All advertising can be removed by subscribing.
This ad should no cover content, please click this contact us with a screen print if it does.

Reply to Advice on old tile removal in the DIY Tiling Forum | How to tile area at TilersForums.com