Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Adhesive primer? and toilet box backerboard joinline in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
16080301908361715937314495885009.jpg
16080302391078921532047983386408.jpg
16080303527091994234774528468918.jpg

Hi guys, I would be very grateful for some advice about wether it is necessary to use acrylic primer on the walls in my cloakroom toilet wall. I ask because to me it looks grey like sand/cement mix? Its a 1955 council house. The walls aren't smooth like normal plaster elsewhere in the house.
Also I have 12mm backerboard to fit to the back-to-wall toilet box with drywall screws that I plan to tile directly onto... the sheets aren't large enough to cover in one sheet so there will be a vertical or horizontal join.
Where is it best to have this join line? (Vertically in line with the flush plate and toilet pipe holes, or would that be a weakness? I don't want the thing to flex and break the grout lines!).

Tiles will be 7.5 x 30mm
what is best https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ depth for those tiles?
3 Questions there! Sorry I am a complete novice but I plan to take the time for a top finish.
Many thanks in advance and I can send more photos if required. Any pointers at all will be very appreciated. Cheers

OP
Sean-tries-to-tile
Reaction score
Keen to get started here (day off work!), maybe I should just prime, level out the 4mm uneven areas with https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, wait to dry a bit and start tile?
I think I'm just waiting for someone to give me the go ahead so I can crack on (or point out any glaring errors so I can rectify!) Cheers

Reply to Adhesive primer? and toilet box backerboard joinline in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock