Search the forum,

Discuss A little advice on my first tiling project please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

A

andymarshal

Hi guys im not used to all this tiling stuff so just a couple of quicke questions.

I have just fitted an ****panel'd shower 1200 x 760 u shape, ie 3 walls.

My local tile store stocks granfix products, they have suggested granfix flexible as the adhesive http://tileadhesive.co.uk/products/cement_based/fastset_flexible.html

What do you guys think, i am using large tiles 600x300 directly onto the ****panel with 1 - 2 mm tile spacers.

Also what is the best grout and sealant to use?

I really want to make a good job of this no leaks etc so would appreciate some advice please

Thanks in advance for any replies, I hope I have given enough info

G

grumpygrouter

Hi Andy, welcome to the forums. I have no experience with Granfix adhesives but the spec sheet indicates it would be ok for your requirements. If you are inexperiencesd in tiling you may find that the rapid set adhesive will not be easy to use as it goes off in the bucket very quickly and you might be wise to consider a slower setting version instead.

I would not recommend attempting to use such a small grout line with these tiles, 2mm is an absolute minimum in my opinion and you may even wish to consider 3mm.

Grout is normally specified in line with the adhesive manufactures guidlines as these products are normally designed as a "system". Again I have no experience with granfix products but other products form BAL such as microflex grout or Ardex FS or Mapei Ultrcolor plus would be OK too.

F

Fekin

Never used Granfix.

Need a good microban grout and sealant too for the shower area, and would always be better if you can tank the shower area too.

Welcome to the forums, and if you think you may be back again then why not introduce yourself in the New members forum :thumbsup:

Happy tiling :)

L

LM Ceramics

hiya personally i wouldnt use granfix i think it is the worst adhesive there is in my opinon the job im on now i have just been using granfix addy i dont like it at all

E

eyebeetiling

Just one bit of advice really, take your time and don't use a rapid set, give yourself time to get it right.
Oh well 2 bits then.
Good luck.

Reply to A little advice on my first tiling project please in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi everyone, I'm currently an A-Level DT student. My project involves me making a product for my...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have some lovely Mexican terracotta tiles (glazed on one side only) which are meant...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen