Search the forum,

Discuss Worktop not level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

infidel

Starting a splashback tomorrow & have put level on worktop & it ain't level :mad2:
Levelling worktops isn't an option I'm afraid.

Was wondering do you just treat it same as an unlevel bath i.e miss out first row of tiles then put in cuts at end?

Martyn :thumbsup:

I

infidel

It's a long worktop from one end of kitchen to the other. By the time it gets to other end it's a good 10-15 mm out,. :furious3:

H

Holohana

ah, then as you suggested id say. Leave bottom row out and cut. Could use trim maybe but same problem i spose!

M

muffinman

No if or butts you will have to cut 1st row you will not tell if you cut 10-15 mill off , find the highest point set datum line , bobs ya uncle :grin: :thumbsup:

mz30

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What sort of tile's are they?
Cutting the bottom row may not be an option if the tiles are patterned etc.
How long is the long worktop?
At the end of the day the worktop being out of level is not you problem,tell the client and give them the alternatives either cut the bottoms or try and lose as much as you can over the distance you have .I can't remember what a perfectly level worktop look's like:no:

L

LM Ceramics

agree with mz tell the customer about the worktop obviously a cut to the worktop might be the last option leave it with the customer see what they want

NickH

TF
Reaction score
Really depends on the tile and whether there are any units above. If the top is out of level but straight and flat you could just go straight of the top , 15mm over say, 3metres wont notice, but if you have to work up to the underside of other units then you may notice it, but then the wall units may well be pi**ed. I think I would avoid cutting the first course if possible.

M

murf

I agree with NickH. a raking cut would look awful on the first course. 10-15 mm is not that noticable in the length of a kitchen worktop.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Worktop not level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen