Currently reading:
Worktop not level

Discuss Worktop not level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

mz30

TF
Arms
liverpool
What sort of tile's are they?
Cutting the bottom row may not be an option if the tiles are patterned etc.
How long is the long worktop?
At the end of the day the worktop being out of level is not you problem,tell the client and give them the alternatives either cut the bottoms or try and lose as much as you can over the distance you have .I can't remember what a perfectly level worktop look's like:no:

W

worralldinio

Ive also got a problem with a kitchen worktop! Im using the brick shaped tiles to do a two course border all around the kitchen and at one particular point where two lengths of the worktop meet it is raised at the wall end only by a few mm's but I want a perfect level all round! Any suggestions on how to equally space the tiles from worktop but only leaving a max 5/6 mm gap?

Thanks in advance

worralldinio

D

dundeetiler

Cut in. It's not your problem really. Give the customer any options and show them first maybe. That's quite a big drop over 1.3m. Boeings dont drop that much when coming in to land lol

It was a council joiner who installed it......

Rather annoying situation because there's a gap under the window sill on the left wall almost perfect for the metros going up. With that being the highest point if I cut in the first row it'll leave me with 3m of cuts that could have been avoided. I'll stick some photos up.
Just trying to gauge opinions as we all know everyone does everything differently on here lol.

D

dundeetiler

Attached the pics so let's have your opinions....

So it's level from the far left all the way until the start of the worktop on the right of the cooker - then drops 12mm from there to the corner. From the corner onwards to the right it's all level.....12mm lower though.

IMG_20170317_132127.jpg IMG_20170317_132322.jpg IMG_20170317_132329.jpg

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Widnes
It was a council joiner who installed it......

Rather annoying situation because there's a gap under the window sill on the left wall almost perfect for the metros going up. With that being the highest point if I cut in the first row it'll leave me with 3m of cuts that could have been avoided. I'll stick some photos up.
Just trying to gauge opinions as we all know everyone does everything differently on here lol.
U mean a council butcher

D

dundeetiler

12mm is alot to loose, still do-able find the highest point......try and loose it round the whole kitchen not just between the cooker...
That's what I'm thinking.... but cutting with beveled metros will also look pretty rubbish.
If i go off the highest point then i get almost a full tile under that window sill that would make life a bit easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dundeetiler

It's only noticeably out of level once you put a spirit level on it.
Cut them in level, and the kitchen will be noticeably out of level all of the time!
I'd tile straight off the worktop. If you are using smallish tiles, it will be easy to lose 10mm or so, even easier if they are brick-bond

That is true, I reckon I'll just go off the worktop and hope the 12mm doesn't look too bad

Reply to Worktop not level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is 4.5m x 1.8m. The top third of the room is totally level. The remainder of the room has a slope...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.