Search the forum,

Discuss working for a large house building company in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hawkofeagles

What sort of money would you expect to be paid for working as a tiler for a large house builder like Persimmon Homes?? Per week or a Month

D

david campbell

it's all on price m8!
depends if it's splashbacks,half bathrooms,full bathrooms,different tile types,how many houses they are selling(the list goes on!!!!)

and ultimately how neat and fast you are!:thumbsup:

H

Hawkofeagles

Didn't realise it was that complicated. So how do you know if it worth working for a company like that or not

T

Time's Ran Out

I doubt very much that they will employ tilers - it is normally all sub contract!:thumbsup:

T

top tiler

you will be on a monthly valuation once the house is finished but if the survayor is off or sick or you missed the cut of date or accounts are sick you will wait for your money. all the time you are still tiling other houses,it can take sometimes up to 3 months to get paid for your first invoice.make sure you have deep pockets. if you need to be paid straight away dont work for big builders.

Reaction score
I used to a bit for Persimmon in years gone by.....

They pay per house type - i.e. - £1500 for an Amberley, £1000 for a Grosvener, etc., etc...

Then if there are any customer specified extras, i.e. kitchen floor or full height instead of half, I used to quote for the works first so they could pass that on to the customer before they gave the go ahead.:hurray:

If you're quick there's canny money to be made and I never waited for money from Persimmon - mind you they were selling houses for fun back then, not sure what they'll be like now.

Reply to working for a large house building company in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen