Search the forum,

Discuss Wide Joint Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

beattsmjk

Hi everyone,

I am tiling my mother in laws bathroom, she supplied the materials etc and all is ok, however she bought a bag of wide joint grout. The guy in the shop told her that this is what she needed!!

The tiles are 25 x 20 standard 5mm thick ceramic, therefore I have tiled leaving a 2mm grout gap.

Would wide joint grout be ok to use??

thanks

B

brummie tiler

to be honest ive done it before, never had any problems using wide joint grout for a 2mm gap.

D

DHTiling

wide joint will be ok from 2mm up to 12-15mm might be a bit harder to use as wide joint grouts tends to be coarse in nature, a bit like floor grout.......

G

GazTech

Wide joint grout is a flooring grout usually,and is more difficult to apply to walls.The powder grout for walls is much finer,and better for a 2 mm joint if nothing else but ease of application

I

IGTiling

You can use wide joint grout and you shouldn't have any problems. The grout will just have a grittier appearance than normal.

C

Cliff Anger

i know its a late reply but..... try and avoid wide joint grout (floor grout) in bathrooms IGT is right ....it will be grittier ....larger aggregate is in it which gives a rough surface ...so all the soap sticks to it and subsequently it will go mouldy and black in a very short time ......and she's the mother in law !!!

Reply to Wide Joint Grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen