Search the forum,

Discuss Which membrane please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

I

Itsmygame

Hi guys just found this forum so this is my first post. Looks like a good source of info so here goes....

i have just bought a new house and want the upstairs bathroom and ensuite floor tiled. Now I know that chip board floors would be a problem anyway as regards to movement but add in the fact that the house has only just been built so the floors will be prone to movement.

I had a tiler mate come around to price it up but unfortunately he cannot fit me in as I need it done next week lol.

he suggested that a ' hard backer' board be used to go over the chip board. Someone else has said that ultra flexible adhesive would be needed instead ' about £70 a bag and would need about three bags ? Not sure the name.

I have have been reading on here about different membranes instead ie durabase at £5 ish at sqm. About 10 sqm would be needed.

So at last my question is what's the general consensus ? Which product would be best?

thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance for any replies.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi guys just found this forum so this is my first post. Looks like a good source of info so here goes....

i have just bought a new house and want the upstairs bathroom and ensuite floor tiled. Now I know that chip board floors would be a problem anyway as regards to movement but add in the fact that the house has only just been built so the floors will be prone to movement.

I had a tiler mate come around to price it up but unfortunately he cannot fit me in as I need it done next week lol.

he suggested that a ' hard backer' board be used to go over the chip board. Someone else has said that ultra flexible adhesive would be needed instead ' about £70 a bag and would need about three bags ? Not sure the name.

I have have been reading on here about different membranes instead ie durabase at £5 ish at sqm. About 10 sqm would be needed.

So at last my question is what's the general consensus ? Which product would be best?

thanks for taking the time to read and thanks in advance for any replies.

Karndean....

judge

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Same here,glue and screw the backerboard down with a flexible addy :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to Which membrane please? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello all, I need some advice please. I recently had a contractor in to remodel my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Moved this as I incorrectly posted in the Pro forum! Hi all, Finally getting to lay the tiles in...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, I'm doing a wetroom and will be using Ditra Heat Duo membrane for the UFH. I looked...
Replies
Views
Hello, Hopefully someone can advise as I'm confused when it comes to choosing correct adhesive...
Replies
Views
Hi people I'm in desperate need of advice So my builder who I let go due to poor work has...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen