Search the forum,

Discuss What's the best/fastest small tiler cutter? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com.

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Anyone on here use a sigma 7f standard that's willing to give a quick review? I'm very tempted but only ever used Rubi twin twin cutters. Also used a montolit quick a few times but annoying that you can see the pencil marks. I'm assuming this is the same for sigma? I do wonder though why a new sigma 7f is so cheap and the Rubi TS 30/40 equivalent is well over double the price?!!!

llevram

TF
Reaction score
Anyone on here use a sigma 7f standard that's willing to give a quick review? I'm very tempted but only ever used Rubi twin twin cutters. Also used a montolit quick a few times but annoying that you can see the pencil marks. I'm assuming this is the same for sigma? I do wonder though why a new sigma 7f is so cheap and the Rubi TS 30/40 equivalent is well over double the price?!!!
*twin rail cutter

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a f7 standard series and it's like a sigma cutter just no hight adjustment on the rail but it's only 70 quid take a punt

L

LM

I'd advise you to go for the Sigma Art 6, it has got a wider base and is slightly heavier therefore it's much more stable than the Art 7F.

L

LM

Cheers mate, would you say they are quicker that Rubi TS 30/40 then ?
I would because the cutting action is a quick pull back and a simple tap of the same handle and it all seems to happen in one motion whereas with a Rubi you have two different handles to manoeuvre before the cut is complete. That said the Rubi is still a good cutter for small stuff.

Profix

TF
Reaction score
I've been using sigma cutters for the best part of 40 years and can highly recommend them, the Sigma ART6 is a great cutter, adjustment for varying tile thicknesses, accurate size markings (if you keep them clean) and a square cutting length of 35cm, once you try it you won't go back

Reply to What's the best/fastest small tiler cutter? in the Tiling Tools | Tile Cutters, Trowels area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen