Search the forum,

Discuss What tile cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

I

Ian

I had a clinker before I got a TX700, great cutter but not the best build quality, it started cutting off line and got a bit wobbly after 6 months or so, a disposable cutter IMO.

R

ruairi mac

If you go for the sigma, as long as you treat it right the only parts you will ever need for it is a replacement cutting wheel.

B

bugs183

I use a montolit. I was using a TS60+, but i didn't get on with it, didn't cut straight as the bars flexed. Bought a montolit and i've been very pleased with it. But the Sigmas are getting rave reviews here.
I wouldn't buy anything under a 600mm cuttting length as tiles are large at the moment.

B

bowlegs

I got hold of a Big Clinker off EBay for £45, it had been used once for a DIY job, normally a couple of them listed on the site. The cut tends to be about 2mm on the large side, but you soon get used to allowing for this. Lots of better cutters on the market but this could buy you some time while you decide which is the best for you then you can always keep the Big Clinker as a reserve cutter.

R

Rookery

I got hold of a Big Clinker off EBay for £45, it had been used once for a DIY job, normally a couple of them listed on the site. The cut tends to be about 2mm on the large side, but you soon get used to allowing for this. Lots of better cutters on the market but this could buy you some time while you decide which is the best for you then you can always keep the Big Clinker as a reserve cutter.
Agreed. The Big Clinker is a good cutter for the money. I bought one from Topps a few years ago and it cuts porcelain at least as well as my mates TX700N and it'll cut up to about 630mm. Topps will let you try one out if you ask and they'll have a few ex-display or damaged porcelain tiles in the back to have a good go at. Other than a new wheel now and again I've never needed any spares.

P

Peter

You should be able to get a Sigma 3B 63cm for around £220 - a friend got one for that price about a month ago off a local tile shop.

L

Liamjay

Thank you everyone, I purchased a big clinker for £87 so i thought it was a bit of a bargain to be fair!

Im on the look out for a wet tile saw now, to do all the niggly bits :)

Reply to What tile cutter? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen