Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss What % discount do you get on tiles at Tile Giant in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Prem Tiler

Guys and girls. I'm trying to price a job (freebee for family) and trying to get an idea of tile cost for them. What % discount do you get from Tile Giant with your TF membership discount? I have mine but don't want to go in getting prices on every tile when I can now do it all online as there new website is very good.

D

diamondtiling

The website will not give you the discount though, you have to use the shop.

:thumbsup:

P

Prem Tiler

The website will not give you the discount though, you have to use the shop.

:thumbsup:

I know mate. I'm not buying online just using it to browse and get an idea. I'll work out the cost then - the %

I don't want to go in to the shop and get a price on every tile they like if I don't have to. It's embarrassing.

C

Colour Republic

Different prodycts will attract different discount, it's not as easy as saying take x% of the retail price. Even with the tiles, some will be stock items others not, so may attract different prices.

P

Prem Tiler

Let the customer sort it out:dunce:

I am the customer. Well Its a freebee/gift for gran.

I'll pop in friday.

Cheers guys.

@ CR I thought there was a set discount price. No worries. Thanks yet again for your help bud

U

united

The discount amount changes depending on the tile your buying

I'm sure they change the discount amount as some days I get more and other days I get less :confused:

:troll:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Discounts change per range. In all stores. You'd need to know what tiles you're buying before you can really gauge the prices.

C

Colour Republic

I am the customer. Well Its a freebee/gift for gran.

I'll pop in friday.

Cheers guys.

@ CR I thought there was a set discount price. No worries. Thanks yet again for your help bud

No mate, they do better deals on some products than others, for example some of the products start off at normal trade discount, others a bit better because of the forum then even better savings on Mapei products which I think is because both companies support the forum:thumbsup:

I really don't think it's a problem getting them to price up 20 different tiles, I'm a pain in the rear when it comes to making firms run around on my behalf but they've never tired of it and always been great so far. They even beat a tile price by 20% over my normal independent who i've dealt with for years and i didn't even tell them the price to beat. I'm not telling you that because they sponsor the forum as that's just not me, I really do rate the firm in the few dealings i've had:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Scott

The discount amount changes depending on the tile your buying

I'm sure they change the discount amount as some days I get more and other days I get less :confused:

:troll:

Dont like the sound of that, i hate inconsistency in pricing on the same products.

P

Prem Tiler

No mate, they do better deals on some products than others, for example some of the products start off at normal trade discount, others a bit better because of the forum then even better savings on Mapei products which I think is because both companies support the forum:thumbsup:

I really don't think it's a problem getting them to price up 20 different tiles, I'm a pain in the rear when it comes to making firms run around on my behalf but they've never tired of it and always been great so far. They even beat a tile price by 20% over my normal independent who i've dealt with for years and i didn't even tell them the price to beat. I'm not telling you that because they sponsor the forum as that's just not me, I really do rate the firm in the few dealings i've had:thumbsup:

Oh, me too mate. I'm a huge Tile Giant fan. I get topps tiles top discount but they still can't beat Tile GIant. And the coustomer service in Tile Giant is 2nd to none. I just don't like being a pain in the butt. They always seem busy in there.

chris.tiling

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry mate - I had sort of forgotten...was talking to Alec about your tiles then got sidetracked then walked out. Put it down to my age. I am a premier discount tiler or whatever they call it, so use my name if you want...I will speak to Martin (in Christchurch) or Alec in Poole if needed.:thumbsup:

Reply to What % discount do you get on tiles at Tile Giant in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks