Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Water Stained Black Marble in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

S

StephenR

Please checkout the following advertisement.
A cleaning lady asked me how to clean water marks off black marble. She says it's just drips off yer elbow while at the sink that has marked the floor..

My initial reaction was it doesn't sound like they are sealed properly but it could be something else so I thought I'd ask here.

I've searched for answers but haven't found anything easily.

cheers,

Stephen

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Sound similar to a black marquina marble, coloured marbles will require sealing ,although if surfactants from soaps ,toothpaste and gels are dripped onto the floor and left these can often carry acidic traces and can etch through the impregnator then blemish the marble . These white blemishes can then be acidic damage and can require mechanical re surfacing .

Test a suitable light alkaline cleaner ( we have power clean)with a white pad for a light wash over, it may just be water marking
You could test a stripping agent , perhaps the acidic damage has etched the impregnator and not the marble
Do they look Matt / dull if caught in the light?

Reply to Water Stained Black Marble in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock