Discuss Wall tiles cracking in a line in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

The wedi is 6mm, which is fine on a masonry wall. Not sure how much of an issue that would cause over the chased pipes though. Unless they are protruding and pressing onto the back of the board? The images are with Wedi at the moment being investigated. No response from them as yet. But may also be of benefit for a site visit.
Surely only fine on a masonry wall if solid bed fixed like a tile . Do you now if that's the case

T

Time's Ran Out

Lot of time and effort into 4 cracked tiles that could have been damaged/unseen in the box.
Tiler looks to have done a decent job.

D

Dumbo

Lot of time and effort into 4 cracked tiles that could have been damaged/unseen in the box.
Tiler looks to have done a decent job.
You have a point but what are the chances of those tiles being laid in a vertical line when the tiler, I don't know this but will probably work in horizontal courses

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
COuld it be the valve , they are a pain in the arse to fit (going off a few jobs where a plumber has fit them) plumbe always moans that they won’t come out far enough when boarded, and when we tile them , the board bent around it, if you know what I mean, could it be a stress crack , pipes and valve tiling against the week, moved a bit with heat and cracked.
Does not help with being small soft ceramics as well ?

Reaction score
Thanks Paul
Strikes me it HAS to be a heat issue that the 6mm Wedi can’t cope with causing the movement/cracks.
But it’s interesting... I’ve never checked (not that you can easily) to see how close a hot water feed pipe to a shower is to the plasterboard.
Will look out to see what closure there is on this.
Thanks again

Reply to Wall tiles cracking in a line in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks