Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Van problems how do you overcome them. in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Nah it's this greedy bar steward

IMG_0006.jpg

O

One Day

I've hired a small van from a local firm for £25 a day. Much easier than messing around with the family car.
Not had any days off with my connect since getting it over 3yrs ago though.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
turns out it was a small metal pipe, part of the cooling system, it had corroded and split....... Bad news is to get to it they have had to strip down the entire front end of the van....bumper, radiator, power steering pump.... Etc, just to replace a £30 part, I'm going to end up with a £350 to £400 bill.. :(

L

LM

turns out it was a small metal pipe, part of the cooling system, it had corroded and split....... Bad news is to get to it they have had to strip down the entire front end of the van....bumper, radiator, power steering pump.... Etc, just to replace a £30 part, I'm going to end up with a £350 to £400 bill.. :(
I liked that out of sympathy Andy:(

W

WetSaw

Crikey, you might have to start working 5 days a week to pay for it...

I

Italy

regarding the question.
I do not know answer, it is not never happened. :)
if the van is in warranty,
I go to the dealer and gives me a replacement machine.
if it is not in warranty, my mechanical friend,
She comes to my house with a car
in replacement and goes with my van.
otherwise, the fastest solution is
give fire to the van that does not work.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
regarding the question.
I do not know answer, it is not never happened. :)
if the van is in warranty,
I go to the dealer and gives me a replacement machine.
if it is not in warranty, my mechanical friend,
She comes to my house with a car
in replacement and goes with my van.
otherwise, the fastest solution is
give fire to the van that does not work.
I do feel like setting fire to it sometimes.!!
You get to a point where I've spent so much on it you have to stick with it, I could spend 4k on another van and have exactly the same problem in 6 months time...... At least I know the things I've done so far...

Reply to Van problems how do you overcome them. in the Business Advice, Tilers Van Insurance etc area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks