Search the forum,

Discuss Ultra & Granfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

spacer

Hello all,

I received some literature from a company selling Ultra and Granfix. Anyone used either of these?

Any good??

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

G

grumpygrouter

Granfix doesn't come with the best reputation in these forums from what I recall. I have used their Ultimateflex powder stuff and it does a good job, but is a bit "gloopy" if you get my phrase.

Never used Ultra but I do believe it is quite good stuff.

P

peckers

I use alot of granfix adhesives and grouts, They never use to be very popular, However over the last five years or so there products have got alot better! There ultimate flex addy is great its like mixing say bal single part flexible, it doesent go as fluffy like the bal fast flex does and i find its easier and cleaner to use and it has a better open time and is in a 20kg bag! The ultimate flex grout is very sticky though and if left for to long is stubborn to get off. All of the rest of there addys and grouts are good too. there floor grout texture is similiar to mapai grouts so smoother then bals. They also do there own acrylic primers and additives for addys and agrouts..
There prices are very very competitve and if you use alot or stock it then granfix will deal direct with you if you buy say a mixed pallett load, there for saving you even more money!
The only product they do that i dont like is there silicone, its wishy washy!
They do there own Tanking kit(paint on) which is easy to use.
I would give Granfix the :thumbsup:
There technical help is very good
The reps are approachable
I have never had problems with there products.
Very reasonably priced.
and a great choice of products to choose from for most tiling situations.
As for Ultra i have never used this product so cant comment

If you give Granfix a call tell them you are thinking about using there products then they will give you some free samples to try!! :hurray:

D

doug boardley

I use "ultra" most of the time, and I've not been disappointed with it, good addy and grout imo:thumbsup:used granfix maxi grout today, it's good, but very sticky, not as sticky as epoxy tho'!

S

Spud

couple of tilers I know went to the ultra factory recently and said it was really impressive,claiming it to be better organised and cleaner than the ardex one in the south, their product range is good and i would like to try it myself to be honest as the only ultra products i have used are the 2 part fast flex and the flexi limestone grout ,both were good products as i remember
granfix tubbed supagrip is pretty good bucket sticky if you use that type of adhesive

Reply to Ultra & Granfix in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen