Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss UFH and wood burning stove in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

N

Nick B

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I’m putting in an open plan extension (kitchen, sitting, dining). The extension will be L shaped, but the floor area is about 60 metres square (ceilings are 2800 mm).

My question is whether it is sensible to have wet UFH in the kitchen and dining area (40 metres square) and no UFH in sitting area (20 meters square) but instead have a wood burning stove in the sitting area.

Would this be overkill, turning the room to a sauna if they are both on? Bearing in mind it is all open plan and well insulated. Or would this split work well? obviously I don’t need to have them both on at same time. But likewise I wouldn’t want a cold spot in the sitting room if I only have the UFH on.

Thanks for your advice
Nick

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I Assume your room is 40 sqm not 40 metres squared.
I would have UFH in the whole area and have a smaller stove around 5kw as a secondary source, as no additional ventilation requirements needed.
If you put a stove in one end and use it as a constant heat source you might run the risk of the UFH not switching on as the room stat will think the room has met its heat requirement.
This might be a pain if the slab cools down as UFH takes a while to get going again.

Lexter

TF
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm doing the same thing as I have installed the wet underfloor heating and like Nick suggested have put a 5kw stove.
The stove in my opinion is more of a feature than to heat the room up. For me you got to almost sit on the stove to get hot.
The underfloor heating is there to heat the room.

IMG_20180930_115649.jpg

OP
F

Flintstone

I would always suggest having the heating through out otherwise your going to be walking from a warm floor to potentially a stone cold floor

OP
T

thomashenry

Hi,
I'm doing the same thing as I have installed the wet underfloor heating and like Nick suggested have put a 5kw stove.
The stove in my opinion is more of a feature than to heat the room up. For me you got to almost sit on the stove to get hot.
The underfloor heating is there to heat the room.

View attachment 101174

My 5kW stove is the only source of heating I have in my hallway and kitchen/diner (about 30sqm in total), it's more than adequate. If lit all day it heats the upstairs too.

Reply to UFH and wood burning stove in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock