Search the forum,

Discuss travertine sealer for bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

sparkybaz

ive just had my bathroom done in travertine and the tiler has made an absolute balls of it to say the least.he used ltp ironwax to seal the tiles but when ive read the bottle it says it should not be used in wet areas's,is this right !.
also is there and form of waterproofer that can be used in the shower area or is the ltp ironwax good enough.
all advise appreciated

E

enduro

You will need to remove the ltp ironwax with something like Aqua Mix sealant & coating remover, i take it the shower area had a waterproofing tanking kit applied before the tiles were fixed? I would re seal these with Aqua mix ultra-solv. As travertine is natural stone it will be a lot more porous than ceramic or porcelain, so if the preparation wasn't carried properly ie tanking you could have problems in the future. I would recommend every six months a very good clean and re seal. Every time you shower wipe the travertine to remove excess water, and leave the natural stone to dry out naturally.

D

david campbell

never used it but bal do a travertine sealer,was told in topps 2night that it was only a fiver compared to there own brand which was £20(seems strange but prob worth a look)

S

sparkybaz

the whole bathroom was replastered then just tiled on the new surface,then 2 coates of ltp ironwax.the guy who did it says 90% of his tiling work is travertine so i presumed he new what he was doing

D

david campbell

I would say you would be lucky if 10% of any tilers work wpold be travertine unless he works for a company that only deals in it

E

enduro

the whole bathroom was replastered then just tiled on the new surface,then 2 coates of ltp ironwax.the guy who did it says 90% of his tiling work is travertine so i presumed he new what he was doing.
Have you paid him?

S

sparkybaz

yes 24 sq m i plastered the room 2 guys 5 days to tile it £800
please tell me ive made a mistake.
i thought the idea of the sealer is to stop anything soaking through the tiles

W

White Room

The sealer is there to protect the stone but if the wrong sealer is used then it dos'nt give the protection as it should. As it says on the tin Please read instructions

Reply to travertine sealer for bathroom in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hey all, New to the forum so go easy ;) I've finished tiling my bathroom floor with honed...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I need some advice please. I recently had a contractor in to remodel my bathroom...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I bought some tiles for my bathroom wall, including a shower over bath area The shop...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen