Search the forum,

Discuss Topps Tiles - Confused ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Hammer-Ray

I went to 2 branches of Top Tiles recently to get 2 quotes for the same tiles just to be curious (Sad really) but anyhow they gave 2 different quotes for adhesives and grout.

1 wanted me to buy Bal Rapidset adhesive and Bal Microflex grout whilst the other branch wanted me to buy Top Rap adhesive.

It was also confusing that 1 branch said I needed 20 x bags of 20Kg adhesive to lay 85 metres of tiles whilst the other stated I need 12 bags, bloody hell thats a big difference :mad2:

The only thing they both agreed on was 4 bags of 10Kg grout for the 85 metres of tiles. :hurray:

So come on lads enlighten me which type adhesive & grout and how much of it ? :thumbsup:

D

Daveyboy

Hi Ray, it does depend on how level the floor (I assume it is a floor) is and what size trowel your using...I believe Swe has a thread on here that has a spreadsheet that helps you work out quantities...Also, on the back of each bag, it will tell you the coverage depending on the thickness laid...:thumbsup:

T

theyomper

As a rule of thumb I would allow 4 - 5 metres per bag. If you buy too much you can always take it back for a refund.

G

grumpygrouter

Would you stick with Bal rapidset, Nicobond or the Top Tiles adhesive ?:smilewinkgrin:
Of the 3 I have only used the BAL so that is what I would say to use as I can't comment on the others.
If you are onto a timber floor, you need a flexible adhesive though!!!!!!!

D

Deleted member 1779

Also agree on the point you can take it back if you have extra left over.

D

dazzak

Rule of thumb I always use is 4kg per m2 for addy and 0.5kg per m2 for grout. Obviously round up to the nearest bag. Anything like mosaics or 10cm2 needs a lot more grout.

20 Bags might be a bit overkill, but hey, it's always better to be safe than sorry right?

G

grumpygrouter

Rule of thumb I always use is 4kg per m2 for addy and 0.5kg per m2 for grout. Obviously round up to the nearest bag. Anything like mosaics or 10cm2 needs a lot more grout.

20 Bags might be a bit overkill, but hey, it's always better to be safe than sorry right?
His floor is 85m2 so 20 may even be a little short, depending on the condition of the floor!

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Topps own branded adhesive is palace adhesive, ive used it many times, half the price of the BAL and just as good IMO, does the job, work on the ratio of 4 metres per bag, with a 10mm trowel, that should safely get you where you need to be, so 20 - 21 bags for 85 metres, dont know where the guy got 12 bags from, he must have just been the tea boy

Reply to Topps Tiles - Confused ??? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am wondering if someone would be able to help me out/explain something. We had a...
Replies
Views
Hello, Hopefully someone can advise as I'm confused when it comes to choosing correct adhesive...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen