Discuss Tiling behind a wood burning stove in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

Paul Cockhill

HI

I has a wood burning stove installed in my house last year, the stud wall was replasted with heat resistant plaster but a crack has still appeared and I think the best thing I can do is to fill the crack and tile behind it.

I have been to Fired Earth and found some good heat resistant tiles.

Has anyone any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks

Paul

42 Peasedown St John Wood burning stove cracks in plasterboard 001.jpg 42 Peasedown St John Wood burning stove cracks in plasterboard 003.jpg

P

Perry

Try these tiles great for a fire place
Broken Link Removed

I wouldn't thought plaster would be any good for heat cement board or fire board would be the thing to use

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Paul Cockhill

Thank you for your reply. I cannot be certain what was put on the wall but I was assured that a heat resistant board was put on before it was skimmed over. This skim has cracked so I thought by tiling it it will look good and be protected from further cracking

P

Perry

You may need to cut a little hole in it to see what the board is because if the plasters lose the tiles might end up on the floor with the plaster attached to them

Reply to Tiling behind a wood burning stove in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks