Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tiling A Swimming Pool in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Millsie

TF
Reaction score
Hi All.
I've been a self employed tiler now for about3 years and all is going well,love the work and I am always learning more about this profession. But on Friday I was approached by a local swimming pool company who I met whilst I was tiling a pool house for a customer. He asked if I would be interested in doing a pool for him. He will supply all materials. I was wondering if there was anything I would need to know about pool work that I may have not come across before.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
@Diamond Pool Finishers is our resident pool expert.

But I'd guess other than the fact they're usually massive, it's basically a room with no windows!

Organising the external corner that is the top of the pool walls and floor to the surrounding surface I'd imagine is the important bit. The bit that ends up out of the water.

You want products that are suitable. Chemicals in pool water could damage some materials I'd imagine. After a while anyway.

Might be worth taking a look at his work.

Click Search at the top of the forum, then MORE.

Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 14.22.03.png

And then use the following search criteria.
Screen Shot 2015-06-07 at 14.21.30.png

J

Just Rizzle

the last time I did a pool was a few years ago but I think i spent more time prepping the pool walls and floor than I did tiling it. rubbing down the pool render and smoothing it so it is flat and plumb . and if it has rounded corners to the bottom and sides they need to be perfect parallel but every pool is different some have flat bottoms some are concaved which create there own problems. if you get the chance watch a pool being done befor you try it yourself.
the first tile you lay is the most important as every thing you do from that point is dependant on it been correct in every way. I used to have about 4 lasers set giving me my lines of datum around and in the pool good luck

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
What tile type is it?

And have you secured the job yet?

Perhaps worth going halves with a guy who's done one maybe?

S

stephenoneill

Hi All.
I've been a self employed tiler now for about3 years and all is going well,love the work and I am always learning more about this profession. But on Friday I was approached by a local swimming pool company who I met whilst I was tiling a pool house for a customer. He asked if I would be interested in doing a pool for him. He will supply all materials. I was wondering if there was anything I would need to know about pool work that I may have not come across before.
IvIv
Hi All.
I've been tiling for 15 years and would be hesitant on taking this project .Whilst the same principles apply for the tiling its the experience that lacks. Ask missy tiler or diamond pool finishers and they will give u the reality of tiling a specific location.in your head your thinking this is a great opportunity or challenge to my abilities but experience is another name for all our mistakes

Reply to Tiling A Swimming Pool in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks