Search the forum,

Discuss tiles that look like planks of wood in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

nybor62

TF
Reaction score
have just done a prezzo cafe in kent with 800x250 plank porc, went down great random joint , we did slc the floor to get as flat as poss

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
have just done a prezzo cafe in kent with 800x250 plank porc, went down great random joint , we did slc the floor to get as flat as poss

No point in trying to lay those tiles without a flat floor, you're up against it from the off

H

hutchinsons

yes fitted these tiles.. as long as your floor is flat you will have no probs..but why make a tile look like wood?? get wood...lol

R

rj1884

Sorry to hijack a previous thread but what would you guys recommend for joint width, I assume the narrower the better to give the best affect. The client wants them butted together with no grout which I'm talking her out of.

Q

Qwerty

British Standards is 3mm on floor. I have gone 2mm when the circumstances are right though

T

Time's Ran Out

Sorry to hijack a previous thread but what would you guys recommend for joint width, I assume the narrower the better to give the best affect. The client wants them butted together with no grout which I'm talking her out of.

I bet it's on a timber substrate as well - keep talking!

M

mike1979

If the floor is nice and flat and solid concrete nothing wrong with 2mm joints it's what I give the planks when I do it image.jpg

R

rj1884

I told her about the need for grout joints. Timeless john it's being laid on freshly screeded floor once it's dried properly. Nice work mike.
No pressure either, she's had the tiles imported from Spain, no doubt she could get them hear but having a quick work out there is 4 tiles for wastage.

W

White Room

Just laid some which had bow in them and 1/4 bond was about the maximum with no set joints Kitchen and Family Room 010.jpg

M

m3fitter

Porcelanite Dos, do a good range 1200x144 and 1200x244 plank effect, chamfered edge as well that helps enormously, 3mm joint, also they offer bullnosed steps and matching skirtings, cheaper wood effect porcelain are pretty uniform in appearance and rectified edge ( as cheaper manufacturing process ), substate needs to be good, or your first course put in with a feather edge, use the level across the courses as well, as easy to undulate otherwise.

dboden

TF
Reaction score
I did some 1m from porselanananananaosssaaas (however you spell it) onto a self levelled floor, went down nice, 2mm joint. I did a random pattern, the next time I do em, I will also do quarter bond, I think the step effect looks a lot better.

Reply to tiles that look like planks of wood in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

I'm searching for 42 pieces of 12" x 12" Verde Alpi marble tiles. Preferably honed. 12" x 24"...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen